Thursday, April 29, 2010

Update

Pin It Good Morning Everyone. First I wish to thank each of you for your well wishes, prayers, thoughts and hugs. It means so much to us.



Lucas has completed all tests and the results are back. He suffers from IBS although the doctor is still extremely concerned about his weight loss. Nothing else showed up on the ultrasound, ct scan, colonoscopy, gastronomy and blood work.



It has been a long, worrisome process and now we deal with trying to find foods that will not only agree with his stomach but that will help him to gain weight. Since my last report he plummeted to 185 pounds but is now up to 188 pounds.



I will be back and forth but not regular for a while.

Thanks again all my friends. I will visit your blogs when I get a chance. I miss reading them so much!

Remember to give your loved ones a hug!

13 comments:

  1. Good luck with that.
    Thanks for the update--I hope all goes well.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debbie, I hope all goes well and Lucas gains weight at a rate so he keeps it and doesn't then loose it again. Praying for you and hoping all is well in your little paradise soon. :)

    Cheers Damaris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been checking in daily,waiting for news.Thanks for letting us know.I hope Lucas is on the mend,and feeling better each day.
    Take care of yourself too,I know how worrying sick kids can be..no matter what age they are :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness! I am so glad you figured out the problem, I hope you can get him gaining weight quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you've been able to figure out what it is. Looking forward to the day you post that he's doing great and has gained back his weight. Always thinking about you, Debbie!
    http://amysreallife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow I lost track of your blog and wasn't up to date on the diagnosis. My mother had IBS, my sister has it. Never know when it will hit or what they ate to set it off. Usually it was stress that would cause an episode. But everyone is different. I hope things start looking up and that all goes well. I have missed your posts.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie- this is chevy_chick95 from FV. I'm so glad that lucas is doing better! I will keep praying that things keep looking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, I've been thinking of you, and praying for your son. I will continue to lift your names up to the one and only healer!

    I will be in touch via blogland checking on you. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss you, Debbie. Hope all is well and that you're just busy. Would love to hear from you again.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Deb! How is evryone? Know your busy but send us an update!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope everything will turn out just fine. We'll keep on praying.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, It's been a year since I've heard from you, I pray that all is ok with you!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome Back! It si good to see you .

    melinda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...