Monday, March 8, 2010

Apron Is Done!

Pin It I found a pattern that reminded me of my Grandma. She always wore aprons that I can remember.



Many times she would collect eggs from the chickens, bake the bread, and give us kids hugs and while she did all this, she wore the apron.





This apron reminds me of my Grandma. I wanted to make one for myself to wear in her memory. I never followed a tissue paper pattern before and I think I was quite successful. I will wear this in memory of her always. I will collect the garden produce and bake the bread... I will never be as good as my Grandma...but I am now trying. I was only seven when she passed, but I still remember her and her smell. I will always love her with all my heart.
Remember to give your loved ones a hug...we never know how long they will be in our presence.
Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the apron - it definitely 'takes me back' and makes me smile :-)

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all Grandmas wore aprons and your is so lovely.
    Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandma wore an apron similar to that one! Didn't they all "back then?" As messy as I am in the kitchen, I need to start wearing an apron...this one is really cute!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice memory! I have an apron, but I never wear it. Never got the hang of it, but I do have many memories of my Grandma wearing hers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love aprons, all i have left are holida prints, the others have all worn out I NEED to find the time to sew one or 2. You did a fgreat job witht he bias tape, I can never get it to lay flat like that. How about if I send you some fabric for us both nudge nudge 8=D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great apron debbie! Alot fancier than mine,LOL.
    I cant remember if my Nanna wore an apron,but I do remember her smell..and like you,I will always love her with all my heart :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! Aprons are one of my favs!
    As I have said before I am lucky to have my Mother-in-law's aprons that she wore.
    Some of the are in my "Red" post.

    melinda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...