Today's tip is removing rings. I wear all my rings on the left hand. I do not own one ring that will fit on my right hand.....weird I know....I have tried and they always get stuck. I always had difficulty removing them and at times began to panic since my finger started to turn purple....so no more. No rings will grace the fingers on my right hand...it isn't worth the trouble.
There are a few tips out there on the web which I have tried ..... some I haven't but they sound like they should given the slippery type properties of the substance.
These haven proven successful for me .....
- liquid dish detergent - I would drizzle the detergent over my finger then would begin to twist until it would slip off.
- other household lubricants - I have tried oil, butter, hand lotion, body wash, even fabric softener ... be generous and begin to twist.
I found these though on the web which I haven't tried ....
- different slippery substances - mineral oil, mayonnaise, bubble bath, olive oil, smooth peanut butter, WD-40 ... follow the same procedure as above
- chill your hand for several minutes under cold running water or hold an ice pack over the finger where the ring is stuck. This should lessen the swelling which might help to allow the ring to slip off.
- use Windex (glass cleaner), spray liberally and try to remove the ring
If they techniques do not work and your finger is beginning to turn purple, it becomes serious. Keep your hand high, fingers straight up to help the blood flow and prevent further swelling. Head directly to the emergency room so it can be cut off. - taken from TipNut.com
Enjoy your day and remember to give your loved ones a hug!