Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Mittens

Pin It

One skill that I have been trying to perfect is making mittens. My skills as a knitter as not proficient enough to try it with needles but I made a pattern the other day by crocheting them.

These are for a friend's grandson. He asked me to make a hat/scarf/mitten set for a grandson and a granddaughter. So I really needed to sit down and figure out how to make mittens.







These mittens are crocheted open as you can see by the above picture, then whipped stitched closed when finished. Very simple and they turned out quite well.





After I had taken this picture, I decided to add a tie to the wrist part of the mitten so they can be tightened when on to keep out the snow.

These still need some tweaking but I am pleased that I was able to make it as least this far! Now only if I can figure out how to knit them....that would be wonderful!

Have a great day everyone and stay cool or warm...where ever you may be on this Earth of ours. :)

3 comments:

  1. Debbie your mittens turned out lovely and I think they will be well received by your friends Grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie--
    Wanted to pop in and say Hi and to tell you thanks for coming by. Hope to see you again soon!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well they look fine to me and I bet they work great!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...