I've been tagged!
Cath over at Bits 'n Bobs tagged me in a new game going around in blogland! I am suppose to answer these questions, and then pass it on, so watch out!
1. Musicals or Plays? And what are your favorites?
I am embarrassed right off the start! LOL I have never been to either except school plays that my son and nephews performed in at Christmas. So I will have to say plays.
2. Do you have any 'hidden' talents that have not made it into your blog?
Construction. We haven't had to construct anything new around the old homestead so I haven't been able to show those so called talents .... but in the past I have laid ceramic tile, wood flooring and built an addition all by myself.
3. Are you a reader? If so, what are you reading right now?
Yes, I am an avid reader! I love books ... the feel, the smell and the stories. Currently I am reading 'Saving Fish from Drowning' by Amy Tan. I read every type of genre.
4. What is your favorite time of day?
Early mornings .... but my body usually says otherwise. If I can tear myself out of my comfy bed, I love getting up early and heading outside for a walk just as the sun is coming up but I seem to have the most energy late in the evening. That is when I accomplish most of my work.
5. Do you save the selvages from fabric? Have you ever made anything with them?
I only save the selvages from Debbie Mumm's fabric .... because it is usually stamped 'Made by Debbie Mumm', so I cut off the 'Mumm' and will sew them to some of my creations.
6. What is your favorite quilt you've ever made?
I made a quilt for my Mom last year. It was a smaller one and she keeps it folded at the foot of her bed. It was the first quilt I sewed totally by hand .... no sewing machine used at all!
7. What color comes up most often in your quilts?
Pinks and greens. Green is my favorite color but I love the girly girl color of pink too.
8. Do you play music while you sew? What songs get you motivated?
No, I don't play music. I usually do have the television on in the background though and listen to the crafting channel.
9. What's the worst injury you've ever suffered?
My back. I somehow destroyed two discs in my back and they had to be removed. It was the worst pain I had ever felt.
10. Do you come from a large family or a small family?
Small family. There is only my Mom, my brother and I. My Mom had 6 brothers and sisters so I have a large extended family.
11. Have you always lived in your current hometown? If not, how far away do you live from the town where you were born?
I never lived in my birth town. My Mom just happened to be visiting her sister when I made my appearance .... but I did live in my hometown for my whole life except for 4 years. I currently live 150 miles from my hometown but hoping to move back soon.
This was a lot of fun! Thanks Cath for including me in the game. I really am enjoying reading everyone's answers.
This is who I have tagged and I hope they play along!
Deannie @ Frugal Country Lady
Granny @ Grannys Garden
Karen @ Sew Many Ways
Sharon @ Sharnymcclarny
Remember to give your loved ones a hug! Enjoy your Saturday.