It has been three days since I mixed up my first batch of blender soap. If you missed it, here is the post.
I was too excited not to take a peek each day so I did and was very pleased with what I was seeing! The soap hardened nicely and smelled wonderful. I used lavender essential oil and since Debbie over at Homespun Living mentioned that she didn't think she added enough to her batch, I doubled the amount.
In order to get the soap out of the mold, (I did spray it liberally with cooking spray before pouring the soap in) I had to use an icing knife to score around the whole outside of the pan. Then I had to use a metal spatula and carefully slid it under the center of the soap. Once I did this, it came out easily.
See that little oopsie at the top while it is in the container? The blanket that was covering the soap for the last few days fell into it at the beginning. UGH. Oh well, this first time making the soap is for learning all the tricks.
The instructions indicated that now was the time to cut the soap into bars. With my lack of confidence beginning this project, I didn't think this far ahead! I now wish I would have used more of a square brick sized container.
My bars of soap were not as thick as I would like but seeing this is the first experimental batch, I tried to let the little imperfections slide off my shoulders.
As you can see, the bars are not uniform in size. The little end pieces will be used up first once the soap has cured.
They don't look too shabby for my first successful batch, if I do say so myself. I cannot wait to try it in 3 1/2 weeks. Once I can use the soap and if I like the texture, feel, lather and moisturizing quality of it, another batch will be started immediately. Now I just have to wait .... and patience is not one of my strong points!
Remember to give your loved ones a hug!