Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Simple Vacations

Pin It

Camping. I love camping. To me there is nothing better than sleeping under the stars with the sound of the loons in the background.


We went camping with Barb and Dave who are close friends of ours. We thought we would do some fishing and catch those tasty Walleyes, swim a little and sit around the campfire talking and enjoying each other's company.







When we arrived at the campground which was approximately one hour north of our home, it was raining lightly. As the day progressed, the skies cleared and we had wonderful weather for the rest of the day.


The tents are up!







Here Bob and Pasie are trying to stay dry before the rain finally quit.






Sammy enjoying all the new smells!







The men decided to try their hand at fishing while Barb and I walked along the shoreline and enjoyed the scenery.







After our walk, Barb and I decided we should get a fire going before the men returned. It turned out to be more difficult than we thought as all the wood was wet from the rain!







The guys returned with their catch! Fresh fish! Yummy.







Luke loves camping and sitting by the fire.


We enjoyed ourselves immensely. I believe camping is one of the best vacations a family can take. Out in the forest, you have to make your own fun...entertain yourself. No televisions, no computers, no razzle dazzle of a big city. Just peace and quiet. Just you and the wilderness. Just you and nature all around. It is relaxing and enjoyable. Simple. Fun. My favorite.





3 comments:

  1. Fun! I love to camp but it's been a while since I have. It's starting to get a little too cool for me to even think about doing it now. Hopefully next summer we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been camping in ages! Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I are campers, only we go in an RV. I prefer to go to the wooded areas, but have some friends that go with us that want to stay out in the open on a cement pad because it's cleaner. BAH!!!

    After reading this, I want camping season to start so bad!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...