Friday, November 27, 2009

Decorating

Pin It

We had a quiet Thanksgiving which was very nice. I spent the day cleaning and setting up the Christmas tree. I was getting anxious. I really enjoy the Christmas season and love having the tree up early but once Christmas is done... I want it gone! LOL



Tigger posing by the tree.

This year I decided to make my own wrapping paper and bows and use re-usable shopping bags that I made myself. I am liking how the wrapping paper is turning out. It reminds me of an old-fashioned Christmas.... brown kraft paper and fabric bows.

I still have alot of wrapping to do but I will take my time, enjoying the process. It was lovely last evening sitting on the couch in the glow of the lights from the tree. Such a special time of the year.

Now if I can just get my butt in gear to start my Christmas baking! =)

7 comments:

  1. Pretty brown packages tied up with string, these are a few of my favorite things...
    Absolutely adore brown wrapping paper with those bows! Looks so old fashioned and beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful week!
    The Girl in the Pink Dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,you have the tree up early !! I put mine up First weekend in December,and,like you it comes down not long after Christmas Day.
    I think I will do brown paper and bows this year too.Have a great weekend Debbie :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My christams tree will go up sometime this week. Have to find it in the shed first.
    The brown paper and ribbon look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I'm hoping to get our tree up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't put up our tree until just before Christmas and take it down just after New Year.

    I love the look of your presents, might borrow that idea myself. Your cat looks pleased with himself squeezing in the photo.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tree ... & making your own wrapping paper, had not thought of this. Good idea. We put our tree up earlier than ever ... this way the kid-lings could enjoy it. Kind of like the idea.

    Please join me at my new blog, the old one has issues ... I appreciate your following me.

    blushingrosetoo@blogspot.com

    TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie,
    You are way ahead of me with Christmas decorating. I love what you are doing.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...