Sunday, November 1, 2009

Handbags

Pin It

Halloween was a little disappointing this year as we didn't have one child show up! The weather was horrible with rain and cold so I don't blame the parents in not wanting to make the extra long trek to our place but it still would have been nice to at least see one little goblin or ghostie.

I have been spending the last couple of days sewing handbags. As mentioned in a previous post, I plan on wrapping some of my Christmas gifts in re-usable handbags that the recipient can use to go shopping with. A double gift!


'


Here are a few of the ones that I had completed. Only one is Christmasy but if the recipient is going to use them year-round, only Christmas material really isn't the best choice. I have just finished cutting out another six so I better get busy!

They are so easy to make and the pattern is here... www.sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=514

Even if you can't sew well, you will be able to whip these up in no time. All the sewing is straight lines! That is about all I can manage myself. LOL

Since it is chilly and rainy here today, I might just have to put off the sewing for a while to bake a loaf of banana bread. Sounds good to go with my cuppa.

Have a great day everyone and give your loved ones a hug! =)

3 comments:

  1. I am always amazed at how much you get done! All that sewing...the bags are a great idea!! Then, as if you didn't have enough sewing to do, on a cold rainy day you stop to make bread! I would just pull out my OU snuggie and curl up for a nap, LOL! Great idea, Debbie. Those bags should be a hit. I might do one of those myself, after my nap...

    Liz
    http://ninnysnotesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a shame no one turn up for Halloween, we had a couple of little girls call here.
    The bags are agreat idea and I will have to make some myself.
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bags are awesome! I'm always impressed with people who can create like that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...