Last week, I was surprised to receive an Inspiring Blog award from Kristi at Thankful Me. What a wonderful gesture! Thank you so much Kristi. Her blog is one of my favorites and I read it daily.
Here are the rules for accepting the Inspiring Blog award:
1. Each blogger should post 7 random facts about themselves.
2. Pass the award along to two blogs that inspire you.
Here are the 7 random facts about myself:
1. I am terrified of heights. Yep, if you see me descending a staircase, I will ALWAYS be holding onto a railing.....I am that frightened! Which means you will never see me sky diving.
2. I have had back surgery ..... twice. Both times to remove a vertebrae. Great surgeon and never had to have fusion.
3. My grade nine geography teacher was nicknamed "bear" because that is exactly what he looked like. He was also the person who inspired me to get my teaching degree....in both high school history AND geography.
4. I was named after a very sick little girl. When my Mom was a young adult she worked at a local hospital in the children's ward and fell in love with a little girl named Deborah who lost both parents in a car accident and was badly hurt. The little one was such a fighter that my Mom swore if she ever had a girl, her name would be Deborah.
5. I fell in love with hummus. Garlic flavored hummus and could eat it all day long with Ritz Roasted Vegetable crackers!
6. I don't know how to swim. Never learned and don't have much desire to in the future. I don't care for swimming much so as long as I can touch the bottom, I am good to go.
7. I am an armchair traveler. I use to love traveling and did quite a bit of it in the past but now with current world situations, I would rather stay safe in my armchair and dream/read and watch programs about of faraway places.
Well those are 7 random facts about me. I hope you find some of them interesting! LOL Now without further ado I wish to nominate (and believe me there are so many wonderful blogs out there that I wish I could give each and everyone of you an award!):
1. Nina from Thoughts and Images Along the Way - her photography is amazing!
2. Sage from Sage and Simple - an American girl living in Denmark with her cat Opie. I just love her!
So there you have it. Thank you once again Kristi for thinking of me. I am truly honored. Have a wonderful day and remember to give your loved ones a hug!