Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Poppyseed Bread

Pin It
 
 
 
 
I LOVE poppy seed muffins so what could be better than that? .... how about poppy-seed bread!  Especially poppy-seed bread that has a delicious sugary glaze ..... oh so yummy.
 
 
While surfing through Pinterest one evening, I ran across a recipe that was posted and I knew that I just HAD to try it and WOW, I have to say that this is the BEST poppy-seed bread we have ever eaten.  This recipe is Starbuck's worthy, the corner bakery worthy and Grandma's Sunday best worthy.  If you love poppy seeds, then you just have to bake this bread.
 
 
POPPYSEED BREAD
 
Bread:
 
3 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3 eggs
1 1/8 cups cooking oil
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons butter flavoring extract (or 1 1/2 teaspoons melted butter can be substituted)
 
 
 
Glaze:
 
1/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring extract (or 1 1/2 teaspoons melted butter can be substituted)
 
Instructions:
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all the ingredients for the bread together in a large bowl.  Pour batter into greased and floured baking pans.  Makes 6 small loaves or 2 large loaves.  Bake for 50 to 60 minutes for large pans (less for small pans....you just have to keep an eye on them).  If you have dark, metal pans start watching the bread at approximately 45 minutes.....dark pans bake faster.
 
For the Glaze:
 
Pour all ingredients into a small saucepan and let cook on stove on medium heat until sugar dissolves.  Remove bread from pans and pour glaze over warm bread.  Use a knife or spatula to bring the glaze that has run off, up and over the warm bread until it stays on.
 
 
The original recipe can be found here.  Thanks Christy for sharing such a wonderful recipe.  This one is definitely a keeper!
 
 
Happy baking and remember to give your loved ones a hug!
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Oh I would love a slice buttered with my cuppa tea now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering.

    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello - I am visiting from the hop ... but I had to stop at this recipe, because it just looks devine! I think I am going to have to pin this puppy. Feel free to visit back at http://melm1206.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Following you now via the Meet & Greet Blog Hop! The recipe looks DIVINE!
    Come visit me at www.musingsofavintagejunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this! I'm coming over from the blog hop and definitely bookmarking and trying this out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect with a cup of tea! Hopping over to your sweet blog to follow along. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Followed you over from Family Home and Life blog hop. I love poppy seed muffins so I am sure I would love this. Now following via GFC :)

    Jackie
    www.thenonmarthamomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good.
    I would love if you would stop by and share this at my weekly Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen post.
    http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2013/03/kids-and-mom-in-kitchen-38-no-bake-mint.html
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this looks so yummy. I haven't had this in years. I think I will try your recipe using whole wheat. Thanks for linking up at The Gathering Spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this in our Crafty Showcase! We love that you share with us. Your recipe looks DELISH!

    Susie @Bowdabra / SusieQTpies Cafe

    http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/03/16/crafty-showcase-link-up-anything-fun-in-the-craft-project-linky-5/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...