Thursday, October 15, 2009

Apples and Awesome Views

Pin It

Sunday was spent peeling apples and peeling more apples. Pasie's apple tree produced a huge crop this year. We had six - 50 pound bushel boxes of apples from one little tree!



There were so many apples I didn't think we would ever finish! Many were rotten but they were tossed out to the deer .... we have to feed those little ones as well!


Here is my Mom busy at it. Notice our cups of tea sitting there with us? Can't be without a cuppa to help us complete our job.
We used this older apple peeler for a while...but many of the apples were odd-shaped which made it difficult to use this contraption so we resorted to hand peeling. We ended up with quite a few bags that will be later used for apple crisp, applesauce, apple cookies.. MMMM, just thinking about it puts me in the baking mood.




That morning, the deer wandered through the yard....




I think they could smell the apples from inside the house and were waiting for their share! So cute....three little ones. They didn't stick around for long as the ducks chased them away from their grain! =)
Give your loved ones a hug tonight...never take them for granted. Have a great evening!


5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I think thats my kitchen! I loved the fresh smell of the apples, oh wait thats tea! not coffee...can't be my kitchen...but if you were closer I'd bring my peeler and my own coffee to lend a hand. Will you dry any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can easily make a pot of coffee Katie. Yes, I do plan on drying some since I still have some left. I want to make my own trail mix this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you do with all of those apples!!! I love apple recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you will be busy with apples for a while, there are so many things you can do with apples that it will not be boring.
    At least they are not going to waste and you are making good use of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi debbie,thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!You are most welcome there anytime :0) I thought I should drop by and say hello,love your blog..and I will be calling in to see how you are going for sure,take care.
    Granny :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...