Saturday, October 17, 2009

Feeding Time and Fun Times

Pin It

When my Mom was here we went shopping! I love shopping but not malls or department stores. My favorite places to shop are these types of places!






Goodwill!! Thrift Stores, Salvation Army! This Goodwill is huge. It is located in Duluth which is about 30 minutes from where we live. I don't get a chance to shop here much but always make a point to hit it when my Mom is down visiting with us. We love this store. It has everything you could imagine. The Monday when we stopped they were having 'vintage day' and all old clothing from the 1940's to the 1980's were on sale. I suppose people check out their selection for Halloween costumes. My Mom picked up some very pretty sweaters and blouses along with a microwave stand she had been looking for. Great deals!




We also stopped at the Goodwill here in town (my favorite store) and my Mom saw me admiring this cute little gardening seed box so she bought it for me! I just love it and have already began filling it with heirloom seeds that I have saved from my garden this year. It is just perfect.




Thanks Mom!!!


The day was also spent feeding the ducks. They really need to leave now but I don't think that they plan on flying anywhere soon. Every morning I wake up afraid to look out the window at the pond. I am frightened that they will be frozen in the ice. They refuse to go to their warm shelter and insist on staying in the water all night.
Does anyone have any suggestions how we can tell them it is time for them to fly south?


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time :) The seed box was a good find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Goodwill stores too, sounds like you and your mom had a great time together, and the seed box is beautiful...a treasure for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your op shop (goodwill) finds The seed box is beautiful. You and your mum must have had a nice day together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you were able to share such special times with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodwill and thrift stores are so much fun! your seed box is neat!

    Liz
    http://ninnysnotesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the seed box I also love Goodwill its always fun to find a treasure
    lora88

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...