Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Craft Day

Pin It

The weather was horrible again today. I am hoping for a couple of nice days yet so I can get the last of the house and buildings buckled down for the winter. I also want to shampoo all my carpets before I start decorating for Christmas so I like to have the windows open and the breeze blowing through the house when I start that big chore. Here's keeping my fingers crossed for a few more nice days.

Since the weather wasn't agreeing with my plans...I chose to finish up some crafting that I have been working on and do a little baking.

I am still not use to taking pictures for my blog so I have to apologize for not having any pictures of the baking I did today. I will get better at remembering, I promise.

I baked apple cookies, brown sugar cookies and Artisan bread. I will post the recipe and pictures of the Artisan bread tomorrow as it is a recipe that you keep in the refrigerator until you want to bake fresh bread. The dough will keep up to a week in the fridge. So I will definitely take pictures tomorrow and post the recipe for you. It is delicious.







I tried my hand at making a few bookmarks. Many of you older and wiser individuals might remember this squiggly worm bookmarks. I recall them from my childhood.



They will be sold at the Christmas craft fair.




I also completed Pasie's shawl for Christmas. It is a beautiful soft yarn that I really enjoyed using. I had purchased the yarn at Walmart on sale for $1 per skein. The pattern called for only two and a half skeins. At the same time I also purchased the same yarn in a soft green color which I will make an afghan for our living room after the Christmas season. Green is my absolute favorite color.
I also spent a better part of the day searching the web trying to locate all my favorite sites that I had bookmarked but lost due to the virus in my computer. Starting from a clean slate is a little un-nerving. I must feel more comfortable with a computer full of stuff. Thanks for the offer of help Syrlinus! I appreciate it.
Before I sign off for the evening, I ask all of my dear readers to say a quick prayer for the son of a friend of mine, Amy. Amy is a fellow blogger over at http://amysreallife.wordpress.com/ Her youngest son which she so aptly names Baby Monkey is currently in the hospital. He has all of a sudden been experiencing unexplained seizures. He is having a slew of tests with his Mom at his side. The power of a prayer is a wonderful thing. I know she will appreciate all the good thoughts.

Give your loved ones a hug this evening! :)

5 comments:

  1. You make beautiful things! You really know how to make the best of your time and days! Inspiring. And you reminded me I want to clean my carpet in the living room and I want the windows open when I do this also. We better get at least a couple more nice days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh you will have to come enter these in our ACOTM competition Debbie.

    So lovely to "see" you in our forum also :]

    http://lickyalipsdelish.com/

    Hugs

    Kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike, I've been wanting to do the carpets but waited for the kids to move out. Now I have to finish clearing "Stuff" out to have room to move furniture around. The afghan came out reall nice. I love great deals like that. Big Lots and the dollar store get yarn in quite often also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely shawl :) I made a few last year and they were so nice to have come winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, thank you so much for the prayers for Baby Monkey. I can't even tell you how much it means to me. Brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.

    Secondly, what beautiful crafts!!! So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading all of them. Have a wonderful day.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...